Heart of Aloha
Guests of our exclusive oceanfront hotel can enjoy the beauty of Maui without ever leaving their luxurious 1,950 square foot
two-bedroom Residential Suites. These newly reimagined Suites feature enhanced kitchens with top-of-the-line appliances and refreshed interiors that infuse Ritz-Carlton sophistication with contemporary furnishings and a Hawaiian sense of place. The reimagined interior décor incorporates the rich spectrum of the hotel’s surroundings, from the earthy tones of the island’s mountains and natural rainforest to the azure blue of the ocean. Beautiful woods and rich green, brown and cream hues mix seamlessly with elegant, new furnishings to create a warm, serene and naturally luxurious living space. Hawaiian inspired artwork created by local artisans, can be found throughout. The newly enhanced gourmet kitchen includes a convection microwave oven, refrigerator, freezer, dishwasher, wine cooler, cook top, Wolf convection oven and an eat-up bar to maximize living space where families can come together and forge new traditions and memories. Kitchens are fully stocked with china, glassware, cutlery, cookware, utensils and appliances (toaster, blender, Nespresso coffee maker).
Suite Talk Q&A
- What is a typical day in the life of a suite? A typical day in my life involves a lot of sand! Seeing that I am located in the Honolua wing, closest to the beach access, my guests get to enjoy three lanais and gaze at the breath-taking Pacific Ocean any time they want. This usually results in them heading out to enjoy the waves and bringing home lots of sand, which makes me really happy because I know they are out making memories! I am lucky to be a suite at The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua as our service standard of cleanliness is impeccable, so the sand never sticks to my rich dark wood floors for long. I enjoy the delightful company of a large family, and sometimes they decide to stay in and utilize the high end kitchen to prepare their own dinner. It smells so good in this spacious suite when they do that, and aren’t they so grateful when our housekeepers come to pamper them and clean up afterwards?! Sometimes my guests stay for a few days, and sometimes for a few weeks, but every day is dazzling and a chance for me to inspire life’s most meaningful journeys.
- Is there a famous name, a particular street or monument that you most identify with? What inspired your style? All of majestic Maui is what inspired my style, and Kapalua, especially, is warm and colorful while also being very relaxed and refined. The royal family of Hawaii used to spend their vacations on this very island, so I am perfect at showcasing my beauty in a very calming manor that will allow your senses to be invigorated. In fact, The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua proudly maintains the Honokahua Preservation Site, a recognized “wahi pana” (sacred site) that lies adjacent to the resort and serves as a destination where Native Hawaiians can gather to this day to conduct ceremonies and protocol.
- How would you like to be remembered? Often! I want you to remember me as the place you experienced indelible moments that you carry with you until the next time you step through my doors at the unparalleled The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua.
- What is your suite motto? Mai ka la hiki a ka la kau..ka la maikai a Kapalua…From the rising sun to the setting sun…a perfect day in Kapalua.
- Who was your all-time favorite guest? You are sure to be my all-time favorite guest. I cannot wait to immerse you in genuine care and comfort!
Click here to learn more about The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua and the
Valerie Wilson Travel Suite Access™ benefits available to you