Sofitel Legend Metropole Hanoi
Our Exclusive Amenities for 2015:
- Upgrade on arrival, subject to availability(no upgrades to Grand Premium or Suites)
- Daily Buffet breakfast, for up to two in room guests
- A complimentary 30-minute Foot massage per person, for maximum of 2 people and on the first stay only (except the 2nd stay is after 7 days from the check-out date of the 1st stay)
- A glass of champagne in Bamboo bar or Club bar per person, for maximum of 2 people and on the first stay only (except the 2nd stay is after 7 days from the check-out date of the 1st stay)
- Early check-in/late check-out, subject to availability
Hanoi, one of the most beautiful of the colonial Indochinese cities is often the start or end point of a trip to Vietnam, and what a great welcome or farewell it is. Simply oozing charm, Hanoi has gone through wholesale changes in the last decade since Vietnam swung open its doors to tourism, yet it remains an amazing city to experience.
Sofitel Legend Metropole Hanoi Legend
The Hotel Metropole Hanoi is an award-winning French colonial-style hotel lying in the heart of Hanoi, near Hoan Kiem Lake and the magnificent Opera House.
Boasting a classical white façade, green shutters, original wrought iron detail, wood paneling and a lush courtyard lawn, the hotel is one of the region’s few remaining hotels of its era.
Temple of Literature
One of the oldest sites of Hanoï, this iconic temple, surrounded by serene gardens, was built in 1070 by Emperor Ly Thai To and dedicated to the great Chinese philosophers, Confucius. Six years later, the temple was transformed into Vietnam's first university.
An exemplary work of sino-Vietnamese architecture, the temple has several courtyards linked by long, narrow walkways. The statute of Confucius rests in the Great House of Ceremonies, surrounded by peaceful solemnity. Flanking a large pond called the 'Well of Heavenly Clarity' are the pavilions honoring the university's past doctoral graduates.