A Royal Masterpiece
This stately suite on the penthouse floor is embellished with the most intricate details; each room is lined with gold, and accented with precious metals like onyx, and silver. Hand-painted silk panels adorn the walls, while custom-made Czech crystal chandeliers cast a warm glow. In residence are some of the world's most prized art works by masters such as Marc Chagall and Le Pho. The master bathroom is an experience with its own luxurious Jacuzzi. Step from the living room onto a wraparound terrace overlooking the lush verdancy of the city’s first UNESCO World Heritage Site – Botanic Gardens.
Suite Talk Q&A
- What is a typical day like in the life of a suite? I am fully refreshed from head to toe; from polishing the baby grand piano to ensuring that the invaluable art pieces are kept in perfect condition. To look my best, I am fitted with deluxe linens that are made with high-quality Jim Thompson silk, complemented with a lavish array of Remède amenities inside my master bathroom.
- What is your biggest indulgence in captivating new guests? Ironically, the biggest indulgence that captivates new guests are the minute details in me that speaks luxury to the discerning traveller; with rich palettes of gold and emerald, world-class art pieces that decorate every one of my corners, as well as
hand-painted silk artwork panels that adorn walls and crystal chandeliers – all complemented by the attentive, bespoke century-old tradition of St. Regis Butler Service.
- What sets you apart from other suites in this city? My living area also heads to a beautiful dining room with a grand table for 12, topped with induction cooking facilities and an adjoining full-equipped kitchen where private luncheons, dinners or parties in the exclusive comfort of the suite can be arranged.
Art connoisseurs can also revel in the various art pieces that decorates my entire space, with prized art works from Marc Chagall’s Les Renoncules to Le Pho’s Deux Filles Dans Le Jardin. My guests can also exercise in private with top-of-the-line Technogym machines in the adjoining workout room, before reviving oneself in the Jacuzzi or steam room.
The BBQ console at the terrace is the perfect location for a leisurely afternoon tea, evening cocktails or a grill while reclining on the brass hand-polished swing and elegantly designed outdoor furniture; all facing Singapore’s only UNESCO World Heritage Site – Botanic Gardens.
- How would you like to be remembered? I would like to be remembered as being seductive. I want to seduce guests by unfolding exceptional moments – all in my beautiful settings, discreet recognition, rich textures; to be in a world unlike any other, yet being in familiar grounds as if in one’s own home.
- Who was your all-time favorite guest? My all-time favorite guest is none other than former secretary of state and first lady of the United States – Hillary Clinton.
Click here to learn more about The St. Regis Singapore and the Valerie Wilson Travel Suite Access™ benefits available to you.